Cycling is one of the most favorite hobbies of many people today. Aside from the fun that can be yours when biking, there are also health benefits that you can reap. It can provide better strength, endurance and stamina. If you are one among the cycling aficionados, it’s best that you understand the rules in terms of bike safety. Here are some tips that you can consider to make the most of your biking experience.
• Wear a Helmet – When choosing the helmet, check on the durability and quality. Make sure that it can stand great pressure in times of collisions and accident. And, when worn, make sure that it is properly fastened and fitted so that it will not fall off and it can provide the protection that you need when you are on the road.
• See and Be Seen – Sometimes, cyclists experience accidents especially when they are on a busy street. The bike is less visible especially when it is together with other vehicles. Considering this, it is a must that you stay visible. You can wear cycling clothes with bright colors. You can also use of some reflective tape and use lights in your bike especially if you like biking at dusk or at night.
• Follow the Law – Cyclists like you also have the same rights and responsibilities just like the drivers. It is a must that you obey traffic signals and road signs. You must learn how to ride with traffic; you must stay as far to the right as practical.
• Use Hand Signals – It is a must that you know the proper hand signals to alert other riders and drivers of your move or intentions. You must know how to signal turns and check for traffic around you before crossing or changing lanes. Make eye contact with motorists and don’t assume that they will stop. You must be able to effectively communicate to other people on the road through hand signals.
• Be Alert – Look for debris, obstacles, and road hazards on your path. There might be some pot holes, railroad tracks, or broken glass. Watch out parked cars where people may be opening doors in your direction to avoid accident. You must always have a clear and alert mind.
• Be Predictable – You must be determined on the moves that you are going to do when you are on the road. Don’t swerve in between traffic or parked cars. Make your presence known to motorists on the road too.
• Ride Ready – Before taking a ride, be sure that the tires are properly inflated. Check the brakes and the “quick release” if they are properly secured. Carry tools and supplies that are appropriate for your ride.
Take note and master these tips and you will surely have smooth and safe bike ride. If you also go on distant tracks, be sure to have a bike carrier in your car so that you can easily transport your bikes or ebikes. It will allow you to carry your bike securely without any chance of falling off and being damaged. You can check out our shop to find a great universal bike rack and products.