Three Relaxing RV Parks and Great Bike Trails
If you’re not a family who wants to tackle 50 states in 52 weeks, but who loves getting out and exploring our beautiful nation, RV parks are a great way to make pit stops in amazing states, meet new people, and explore the area. With Tote'm Bike Rack’s six bike rack carrier, you can be sure that your whole family has a great time on nearby bike trails. Here are a few of the nicest RV parks in the United States and the most family friendly trails in the area.
Zion River Resort
Make your way towards Utah and you’ll find amazing rock formations and five intensely beautiful national parks, including Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, and Zion. Located just outside of Zion National Park, there is plenty to explore. The RV site has full hook-ups, spaces that are shaded, fire rings, free Wi-Fi, pull-thru sites that are 60-70 feet long, and more.
- A short drive west from the RV park is Confluence Park where cyclists can experience both technical and more aesthetically-pleasing bike trails.
- Since you’re so close to Zion, check out some trails in the park itself! For a shorter trail, try Thunder Mountain, or for a longer ride, try JEM-Hurrican Rim-Goulds Rim which is long, but only moderately technical.
Bella Terra of Gulf Shores
On the other coast, this Alabama RV park has plenty of oversized lots and you can really take it easy in the sauna and Jacuzzi. Are you bringing along your four-legged family members? The area has a fenced in dog park to let them run loose. Or if you need a rest from the heat, take a dip in the infinity-edge pool or relax on the lake and catch some fish. At this park, you may forget that you’re RVing.
- From the RV park, it’s a quick 15 minute drive to The Backcountry Trail. Quickly load your bikes onto the six bike rack and make your way towards the coast. There are seven trails that meander through six different ecosystems. The trails go through Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, and the Gulf State Park.
- Just down the road is the Graham Creek Nature Preserve. For a ride through 400 acres that will give you glimpses of natural habitats, there are four trails varying between .1 miles and 3.1. Gather your whole family and explore them all on your bikes.
Petoskey RV Resort
For some cooler weather, head north to Michigan and stop at this Lake Michigan resort. The facility includes an equestrian center, a tennis court, pools, spa, golf course, and a clubhouse theater. On the northern tip of Michigan, there are a range of amazing places to visit.
- Head north up the coast of Little Traverse Bay and see the sites in Petoskey State Park. Two trails, Petoskey-Old Baldy and Petoskey-Portage Trail, can easily be ridden in one day so you can still relax at the beach.
These are just a few of the best RV parks you can make your way towards with your six bike rack. At Tote'm, we want to make getting out into the world and enjoying healthy and adventurous lives as easy as possible. Bring your whole family together with a bike hitch mount that is easy to install and quick to use. Get riding!